"Grow in Grace and Give God Glory"
First Sundays we share in Communion or The Lord’s Supper and fourth Sundays we share in Baptism. There are CD’s and DVD’s available following each worship upstairs through the Media Ministry. These range from $5.00 to free. Most often the sermon is part of a four part series developing the same subject such as Marriage Matters or Overcoming Seasonal Blues. These messages are best understood as a series. Following worship there are Deacons and Associate Ministers who are available for prayer and counsel.
We believe that the Bible is the word of God written through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Our desire is to inspire learners of all ages and levels to fall in love with God's word.
Classes start at 9:00 with the adults meeting in the Fellowship Hall. This class is taught by a team of four highly qualified leaders who share their individual styles in rotation. They endeavor to engage volunteer participation though lively and relevant discussions. All adults, single, married, parents are welcomed as we learn from the life experiences of one another.
Children three through teens meet in classrooms located next door in the Annex. These classes are taught by teams of remarkably dedicated caring teachers.
We believe it is of the utmost importance for parents to bring their children to Sunday School and set the example by studying in the Adult class. As Christians we must be deliberate in our study of scripture and we owe this to our children.
Our goal is to offer your children a place of growth to learn Bible truths. Our goal for each weekend service is to create an environment that is both educational and entertaining. We want to capture your child’s imagination, intrigue, and invite them into a personal walk with the Lord.
Children's Church begins after offering in the main sanctuary. Children are then guided by their parents to the Children's ministry wing next door. Here there are trained adults who have passed background checks. We also have some exceptional youth helpers. The children will receive a lesson, an activity and a snack. All of these are designed to help them grow.
7 Reasons for Children’s Church
Here at First Baptist Church we offer Children’s Church and Nursery. We believe this is a special place that is not just safe but it is a place where children grow like Christ.
1. We offer age based content- the message Children learn uniquely. The mind of a child is different than the mind of a teen or adult. There are some Biblical lessons that are specifically for children. There needs to be a focus on certain key areas such as crafting personal character, creating a clear picture of who God is, committing to obey parents and dealing with challenging changes. In Children’s church we lock our focus on these areas.
2. We offer age based teaching- the method Considering how children learn we teach in ways that bring the story to life. The lesson is broken into multiple parts; lecture, pictures, objects, songs, discussion, and physical activities. Pictures and object lessons follow every service. Classes for the young children have shorter lessons while older children have longer more in-depth lessons.
3. We offer trained and excited teachers- the members Hopefully you can remember one teacher who made an amazing impact. It was not the subject but it was their ability to connect. Our teachers are all volunteers and most have children of their own. Each have completed a rigorous back ground check and are partnered with another teacher.
4. We offer age based worship- the ministry Worship is the act of expressing outward the love we feel inward; it’s the fruit of our heart-Heb. 13:15. Children use dance, gestures, sign language and many other methods. Every child in children’s church is encouraged to see themselves as part of “the choir.” Each Sunday children learn new songs to sing praises to God in their own way.
5. We offer a focus on scripture- the memorization As parents we have the Biblical mandate to train our children. Children have the ability to memorize large pieces of information, scripture should be primary. In children’s church we work to hide the word of God in the heart of our children.(Ps. 119:11) Like Paul spoke of Timothy’s childhood we should be able to speak of our children’s learning the word early. 2 Tim. 3:14
6. We offer Bible related arts and crafts- more method Consider a craft my wife used. She poured a cup of rice before groups of young children. She asked each group of children to count the grains. After ten minutes of struggling and negotiating the children begin raising their hands. “There are too many to count.” After this she read Gen. 32:12 “…I will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted." The next time these children eat rice they will think of Abraham. Arts and crafts is a significant tool in teaching children.
7. We offer “Christian” community- the meaningful fellowship Children need a community of Christian children their age! Have you ever seen children compete in reciting Bible verses? Or even better, have you seen a child share the gospel of Jesus Christ to another child. We see this every Sunday as Children church is a fast fun family of children celebrating the goodness of God!
Parking is available for each worship or study at the train station. You are required to place a First Baptist Church parking pass in the front window of your vehicle. These are given by the greeters and ushers when you enter into worship.
Click on the map below for directions.
First Sundays we share in Communion or The Lord’s Supper and fourth Sundays we share in Baptism. There are CD’s and DVD’s available following each worship service upstairs through the Media Ministry. These range from $5.00 to free. Most often the sermon is part of a four part series developing the same subject such as Marriage Matters or Overcoming Seasonal Blues. These messages are best understood as a series. Following worship service there are Deacons and Associate Ministers who are available for prayer and counsel.